On Saturday, October 22, 2011, Friends of Town Lake Animal Center will celebrate the new Austin Animal Center with Green Gala 2011. Friends of Town Lake Animal Center is hosting the Green Gala to help raise funds to purchase veterinary equipment, and to support future shelter needs such as spay/neuter vouchers, vaccination clinics, adoption drives – even dog treats!
After 50 years at the Town Lake location, the animal center will move this fall to a new, LEED Silver-certified facility. The theme for the gala emphasizes all the green aspects of the new animal shelter – keeping it local and uniquely Austin.
· Music will be supplied by The Hot Club of Cowtown, whose members not only live here in Austin but also adopted their dog Eva from Town Lake Animal Center (she might even make an appearance at the party!).
· Food, locally sourced and locally grown,will be served by Catering with a Twist, on biodegradable and recyclable dishes. Desserts by Whole Foods and Walton’s Fancy and Staple.
· Beverages are local, too, with Republic Tequila, Enchanted Rock Vodka, Live Oak Brewing Company, Paula’s Texas Spirits, Aliseoand Texas Tea all pitching in.
· The silent auction will feature special items from locally owned businesses and local artisans.
The Gala will be held on the grounds of the new Animal Center at 7201 Levander Loop.Tickets are on sale now. The cost is $75(Gala only)/$125(Gala and Sponsor Cocktail Hour) per person. Tickets may be purchased online at www.greengala2011.com.
What: The Green Gala 2011 Benefiting the New Austin Animal Center
Who: Sponsored by Friends of Town Lake Animal Center
When: Saturday, October 22, 2011
• 6– 7 pm: Sponsor Cocktail Hour
• 7– 10 pm: Gala
Where: The New Austin Animal Center on The Betty Dunkerley Campus
7201 Levander Loop
Austin, TX 78721
Websites: Green Gala – http://www.greengala2011.com
Friends of TLAC - http://www.friendsoftlac.org/
New Austin Animal Center - http://www.friendsoftlac.org/newlocation.html
The 2011 Corgi Celebration will treat its visitors – human and canine – to a royal celebration of the breed. In its 9th year, the October 29 event includes entertainment such as a rescue parade, silent auction, and costume contest. Public performance demonstrations offer education and information about dog sports and activities such as agility, herding, obedience, pet therapy, rally and tracking. In addition, the event offers Herding Instinct Testing (sanctioned by PWCCA) and AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) testing.
The focus of Corgi Celebration is education and support for future Corgi owners and fanciers. We champion this wonderful dog breed, and actively support rescue efforts for Corgis and other dogs.
Since 2003, Corgi Celebration participants have raised over $27,000 to celebrate the breed and support Texas-based Corgi rescue programs. Proceeds from this year’s event will be donated to Corgis and Critters N.E.T. Rescue, Inc., which is committed to helping Pembroke Welsh Corgis, Cardigan Welsh Corgis, and their mixes.
By royal proclamation, all Corgi fanciers and Corgis – with or without tails – are invited to attend! The Celebration takes place at 902 Canyon Wren Drive, Buda, Texas, 78610. Volunteers are welcome.
For more information about the event, visit: www.corgicelebration.com
Jaime Bragg, Event Chair